Southern Cancer Network Steering Group:
Governance is provided to the Souther Cancer Network by the South Island Alliance Leadership Team and the Strategic Planning and Integration Team.
The SCN Steering Group has an advisory and directional role to provide guidance to the Network and to oversee the development of the annual work plans and regional strategic plan. The Steering Group will also consider and prioritise advice and recommendations from other Network groups in order to integrate funding and population requirements to achieve the Network vision.
Membership of the Steering Group is multi-disciplinary, including clinical, managerial, Planning and Funding, PHO, NGO, Māori and consumer representation from across the South Island.
- Dr Todd Hore, HPB Surgeon, Canterbury DHB (Chair)
- Nicholas Glubb, Manager, SCN (ex officio)
- Michelle Mathijssen, Regional Manager Upper South Island, CanTeen
- Mike Kernaghan, Cancer Society
- Danielle Dawson, Cancer Support co-ordinator, West Coast PHO
- Dr Shaun Costello, Clinical Director, SCN (ex officio)
- Lexie O’Shea, GM Clinical Services, Nelson Marlborough DHB
- Lisa Blacker, Director of Nursing, South Canterbury DHB
- Theona Ireton, Kaitiaki, Canterbury DHB
- Dr Tristan Pettit, Paediatric Oncology, Canterbury DHB
- Pania Coote, Executive Director Māori Health, Southern DHB
- Marj Allan, Chair, South Island Cancer Consumer Group; SIA palliative care working group
- Ralph La Salle, Team Leader Secondary Care, Canterbury DHB
- David Meates, lead CE for the SCN
- Dr Sue Crengle, Chair, Te Waipounamu Māori Leadership Group for Cancer
- Dr Pragati Gautama, GP & Rural Hospital Specialist